Time to plan
A lot of people might not know the extensive list of services we provide to our clients so we will break it down: we do it ALL. And what does “doing it all” mean you might ask? Where else can you: find the dress of your dreams and then get it altered in-house? Oh, you need invitations? Let’s do it. A wedding planner? Absolutely! Event rentals? You got it. Decorating? A venue? We have that too.
Because there are so many components that make up a wedding, we thought we’d provide you a checklist with timelines for all of our soon-to-be weds.
They liked it so they put a ring on it! Congratulations!
- Announce engagement to family & friends
- Discuss “who is paying for what”
- Set your wedding budget
- Consider purchasing wedding insurance (before laying down non-refundable deposits)
- Research vendors and get ideas of pricing
- Take engagement photos if you plan on using them for “Save The Dates”
- Create a wedding website
- Choose your wedding attendants
- Begin put together guest list
- Mail save the dates 6-12 months ahead of wedding date
- Start wedding dress/attire and shoe research
- Decide on wedding planner
Time flies from here!
- Choose bridal/groom party attire
- Book vendors
- Purchase wedding dress/attire (Click here for our 10 Unspoken Rules of Wedding Dress Shopping)
Don’t snooze on those “Save the Dates!”
- Research and order invitations
- Begin planning wedding programs
- Begin planning honeymoon
- Register at three national retailers
- Schedule cake tastings (choose cake style and baker)
- Reserve any rental equipment
- Reserve any transportation to and from venue
- If you haven’t yet… mail those “Save the Dates”
- Order wedding bands
- Research three different nearby hotels at different price points for your out of town guests
- Choose florist and order all floral
- Honey moon reservations
- Research wedding day hairstyle
- Choose groomsmen attire
- Finalize favors and reception items
- Make and book rehearsal dinner plans
- Begin planning bridal shower
- Begin planning bachelor/ette party
- Plan ceremony and reception seating arrangements
- Hair style trial run with hair accessories (veil, hair piece, etc.
- Purchase guestbook, toasting flutes, serving pieces, flower baskets and ring-bearer pillow
- Bachelor/ette party
It’s crunch time baby!
- Begin writing vowels
- Mail invitations
- Book any spa and beauty treatments for you and your wedding party
- Review and confirm ceremony details with officiant
- Purchase any gifts for attendants
- First wedding dress/attire fitting
- Submit wedding announcement to newspaper
- Finalize transportation arrangement
- Finalize playlists with musicians
- Create and send tentative wedding day schedules
- Confirm reservations for out of town guests
- Confirm wedding party and family attire is complete
- Bridal shower
- Call vendors and confirm details, timelines, and locations
- Final dress/attire fitting
- Confirm honeymoon reservations
- Pick up wedding rings
- Pack for honey moon
- Write thank you notes as gifts are received
- Pick up you marriage license and order 2-3 copies
- Order wedding programs
- Give final count to caterer
- Update registries
- Begin breaking in shoes
- Make necessary arrangements for when on honey moon: pets, kids, mail, etc.
- Final hair cut and color
- Get playlists to DJ/Musicians
- Delegate wedding date duties: gift table, guestbook, license, rings…
- Delegate someone to return any tux rentals
- Send directions to wedding day transportation
- Bridal shower (if you haven’t had one yet)
- Prepare final payments to vendors
- Lay out wedding clothes to make sure you hav everything
- Prepare wedding day emergency kit
- Spa treatments
- Give photographers/videographers requests for shot and moments you want captured.
THE DAY BEFORE
- Wedding rehearsal
- Rehearsal dinner
- Go to bed at a decent hour!
DAY OF WEDDING
- Eat a good breakfast
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready
- Congratulations! Enjoy your day!
- Send thank you cards as soon as possible
- Love each other, put each other first & enjoy your marriage!
This is just a general list from over a decade of wedding planning we’ve done ourselves. Everyone’s wedding is different and that is why we’re here to make your special day come true.
Main picture: RW Photography
For everything else, you can give us a call at (575) 521-0872